...Capturing Life's Little Moments...

Friday, March 12, 2010

...Nawlin's Quick & Easy Chicken-Sausage Gumbo...

Ok so if you know me, you know I'm not much of a cook, but lately I have really been trying hard. Iv'e been trying out of the box things and to my surprise and to Jamie's, they have come out pretty tasty. I have learned that seasonings can do a lot for a dish. Try it! You will be surprised! This recipe I decided to do because I have only had gumbo a couple of times and when I did I really enjoyed it and since Jamie had just got back from New Orleans I thought he would enjoy it as well. I also hope you can take this recipe and enjoy it as much as we did because it turn out super deee-lish! 

It takes about 45 min|20 min prep time
serves 6

1/2 Ib light smoked sausage, cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
1-3 tbsp vegetable oil
5 tbsp all-purpose flour
1 cup coarsely chopped onion
1 cup chopped celery
2 garlic cloves,pressed
1 medium green bell pepper,chopped
2 cups chicken broth
1(28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
1-2 tsp creole seasoning
4 cups chopped cooked chicken
hot cooked rice

(1) Start by cooking sausage over high heat on stove for 5 minutes, stirring often
(2) Remove sausage with a slotted spoon
(3) Drain on paper towels
(4) Add enough vegetable oil dripping in pan(that sausage was just cooked in) to equal 3 tbsp, and whisk in
       flour; cook over medium-high heat, whisking constantly, 5 minutes
(5) Add onion and next 3 ingredients; cook 5 minutes, stirring often.
(6) Stir in broth and next 2 ingredients.
                                                          
(7) Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes.


(8) Add sausage and chicken, simmer, covered, 5 minutes.
(9) Serve over rice.

Now go have some gumbo and tell me what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

||About Me||

I'm 24 years old, Jesus is my love. I got married to my highschool sweetheart. I love to laugh and one funny thing about me is I shorten words, I even have gotten my husband to do it! Yeah! I have one crazy dog named Leroy, who is more maintenance than a child but I still love him. I own a photography studio called A|Nabs Photography. My husband is my awesome assistant.

----||Love God. Love People||----

Visit me @ www.anabsphotography.com

Twitter

Followers